Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Two Sentences Can End a Relationship

I was talking to a good friend of mine the other day. He's going through a divorce and was recalling some of the advice he'd gotten over the years about marriage and making it work.

While he couldn't quite remember who told him this piece of advice, he's never forgotten the words: "It only takes two sentences to end a relationship."

Intrigued, I took the bait. "What sentences are those," I asked.

So, he gave me an example:

Woman says: "I want a divorce!"
Man says: "Fine. Send me the papers. I'll sign anything!"

My friend explained that if you say the wrong thing or make an idle threat, you may live to eat those words. Your partner may just call your bluff and then call it quits!

If you say it mean it. And if you're not ready to back it up...then shut up.

Peace y'all!

Content copyright 2011. Relationship Revelations, LLC. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. I do understand what he told you. I was told the same thing in my twenties. It is definately true and not limited to just the example you stated. It can be anything that signifies leaving/ ending that relationship/marriage.

    ReplyDelete

Our Most Popular Revelations